Quick to Fit was launched on July 1st 2008 as a place for me to put down my thoughts on matters of health and fitness, as well as to track my own progress from overweight to fit. So far it’s been a positive impact on my life, as I’m able to watch myself slowly get fit, and keep track of the progress on these pages.
We’ve been making some great strides since we launched, and I thought I’d share a few ways that different readers can stay connected with the Quick to Fit community. In doing so, hopefully newer visitors to QTF might discover some element of who we are that they might have missed.
I’d also love to get your feedback in comments below to help us keep improving.
Quick To Fit Blog
At Quick To Fit you’ll find all sorts of great content. I’ll be posting everything from fitness tips, product reviews and progress reports on my own fitness regimen to links to what else is happening in health and fitness all around the Web each day.
There are a number of ways of following the blog:
- Bookmark it – You can simply bookmark Quick to Fit or set it as your homepage so that every time you log on you will see the latest post.
- RSS Feed – one of the most popular ways that people follow what goes up on the blog is via a ‘news feed’ or our ‘rss feed’. This technology lets you subscribe to our site and be notified of updates on a variety of tools such as Google’s ‘Reader’ tool, iGoogle, MyYahoo and many other news aggregators and feed readers. If you want to use these to subscribe to QTF you’ll need to add this feed. There are also extra bonuses for our feed readers, so plug in and stay connected!
- Daily Email Updates – if you don’t use RSS you can still get updates sent to you once a day by subscribing to our feed via email. You can do this by entering your email address at this link.
- Social Bookmarking – The last way that people are using to keep track of the latest posts on the QTF blog is via a variety of social bookmarking tools. You’ll notice at the bottom of every post on the blog that there’s a social bookmarking toolbar like the one below with the word ‘share this article’ on it. If you click on the buttons for one of the variety of ‘bookmarking’ sites, it will allow you to share our site with others. Some of the more popular ones are Digg, Delicious and StumbleUpon. In bookmarking our posts you have a way of finding them later when you need them but you also spread the news about Quick to Fit to others and help the community continue to grow.
Another new part of Quick to Fit is our Forum at http://quicktofit.com/forum/bbpress/. In this forum you can get together with other readers to discuss your workout regimen, share healthy recipes or just read and share health and fitness news.
There are three main ways that people keep in touch with the forums:
- Bookmarks – the majority of people simply log in each day and contribute on the latest threads.
- RSS Feed – our forums have an RSS feed also. This gives you updates of all new topics that get posted. It’s how I keep track of the discussion.
- Favorites – there are also favoriting features that let you follow particular favorite topics. You can explore these options from within your user control panel once you’re a member.
That’s a summary of the main ways that people keep in touch with us here at Quick to Fit.
Give us Your Feedback?
How do you follow what’s going on at QTF? I’d love to hear your feedback to help us continue to improve what we have to offer. Email us here.